Thursday, August 29, 2013

Glazing...with Potters Choice Glazes!

 
 
I'm getting ready to glaze my maple leaves...

 

 

in some fall colors!

 

 

 
 
 
This is the orange glaze I use...PC-52 Deep Sienna Speckle. 
For some reason, my pieces come out darker than this,
but I really like it. I love Potters Choice Glazes!
 
They're user friendly and very consistent.
 
 
 
 
This is the red glaze I use...PC-59 Deep Firebrick. 
I call it autumn red...for my leaves, and on my dinnerware.
For my hearts, I call it Vampire Red...because it looks like blood! 
When I fire this red, it always comes out darker than these test tiles.
 
I'm glad though, I like it better!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm going to glaze some in this color...PC-23 Indigo Float.
I usually just call it Indigo, or Cobalt Blue.
I love this glaze!
 
 
 
 
This is the Indigo, fired in my kiln. 
This one comes out darker than the test tiles too.
 
It's a beautiful blue!
 
 
 
 
I'm going to try some in this color...PC-20 Blue Rutile.
I've only used it once, on a small leaf...so I'm looking forward
to trying it on something a little larger.
 
 
 
 
This one is darker too, but I like it.
 
 
 
 
Going to glaze a few in this color...PC-29 Deep Olive Speckle.
 
 
 
 
And I'm going to do a few in this color combination...
PC-30 Temmoku over PC-29 Deep Olive Speckle. 
I've tested these two already, and it came out good.
Just not sure how it works with texture?
The test tile I used was plain. I'm too impatience to test it again.
 So, I'm just going to try it on a leaf and see what happens.
 
 
 
 
Going to do some in this color combination...
PC-41 Vert Lustre over PC-29 Deep Olive Speckle.
I've used this color combination several times,
 this is what it looks like when I fire it in my kiln...
 
 
 
 
It's great on texture!
 
 
 
 
I'm going to try this color combination...
PC-52 Deep Sienna Speckle over PC-29 Deep Olive Speckle. 
Hope it looks something like this? I like it,
I think it would look nice on some leaves.
It'll probably be a little darker though,
since all the other glazes come out darker.
 
We'll see!
 
 
 
 
This color combination...
PC-53 Ancient Jasper over PC-29 Deep Olive Speckle.
Might be nice to try. I think it would look good
on some autumn leaves. What do you think?
 

 

 
 
 I'm definitely going to try some in this glaze...
PC-55 Chun Plum. I have two bottles,
and haven't tried it yet. I'm just going to go ahead
and glaze some leaves without testing it first.
 But I will do a test tile with texture,
so I can see how it reacts with the texture.
 
 
 
 
 I'm not sure if I should try this glaze...
PC-60 Salt Buff. I have a bottle,
and haven't tried it yet.
If I put it on a little heavy...hopefully it will
look like the test tile on the right.
Still haven't decided if I should just go ahead
and try it, or do a test tile first?
 
Maybe I should test it first!
 
 

 

What do you think about these colors?
 
 
Which one is your favorite?
 
 
I'd love to know what you think!

 



1 comment:

  1. Excellent photos! Love your lead-ins introducing the next possible choices... thanks and keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete