Saturday, December 31, 2011

My New Years Resolution


I usually...never make a New Years Resolution. I'm not sure why? As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I did! I guess it's because I'm not a planner. I tend to live in the moment...and go with the flow. But this year I've decided to make one for 2012.




Drum roll please!

 My New Years Resolution is to finish my book. I know...it's a big one! But if I don't do this...I'll probably never finish it. You see...I tend to procrastinate where writing is concerned. Writing a novel is hard work for me, unlike pottery...which is very easy, and fun! Now don't get me wrong...making pottery is hard work...physically. But it's in my blood...I live, sleep and breathe it!




Writing on the other hand...does not come easy for me. I've had to stretch myself like never before. It's been quite a journey so far, and I've learned a lot about myself. I must say that I do like stretching myself...but I tend to do it kicking and screaming! When I started my book more than 7 years ago, I wasn't sure if I could do it. Then it became a challenge...and now I need to get my characters out of my head, and tell their story.




So...I figured if I wrote this down and sent it out into the Universe...that it would happen! I would finish my book...and hopefully get published.
I "WILL" finish my book!
There...I said it!




I better get busy!



2 comments:

  1. Finish it! I have a couple in the works myself and YOU have inspired me...many thanks and happy writing. I love clay but writing is my strong suit....I just need to accept it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Thanks Faith! I will. Happy writing to you too. That's so awesome...that writing is your strong suit! Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete