Friday, April 29, 2011

It Was One Of Those Weeks...Part 3

So...The saga continues! It seems as though my needle tool had a mind of it's own, and jumped right out of my hand...slicing through the rim of my bowl. I sighed, and rolled my eyes as I looked at the destruction. This was no easy fix...I wasn't going to be able to just slap on a leaf and be done with it! This was definitely...a much bigger problem. I actually considered scrapping it...just squishing it and starting over, but than my stubbornness kicked in, and I thought about actually fixing it. As I stared at it...trying to think of ways to repair it...I remembered an idea I had a few weeks ago, which motivated me even more. So...I grabbed some clay and pulled a handle, then stuck it on the edge of the table...just long enough to set up, while I rolled out a small slab and cut out a few leaves. When the handle was ready, I trimmed the rim a little more...than attached my handle, and then added some leaves.



And Viola! Here it is! I love it! This has to be the best mistake I have ever made...so far anyway! I can't wait to glaze it! I'm so happy with the way this came out!



I'm definitely going to make more of these!




And Now...Here's a sneak peek at what's coming soon!



I really love these flowers!!! I can't wait to incorporate them into my designs!



I have so many ideas...it's actually keeping me up at night!


No comments:

Post a Comment