Thursday, April 7, 2011

Special Wedding Favors

I've been making pottery for almost 21 years now...and I have to say...I've never even thought about making Wedding Favors! I can't take credit for the idea though...it was my beautiful daughter Jayme's idea! She's getting married to a wonderful guy, and I'm soooo happy for them! Jayme wanted something different for her wedding...and she asked me if I could make something. This is what we came up with!


Tiny Leaf Tea Light Holders



This is how it all starts...with a 25 lb bag of clay!



I cut the clay with my wire tool...and roll out a slab with my North Star Slab Roller!



I cut out the leaves with my needle tool!



Then I shape them, and wait for them to dry...just long enough to hold their shape!



Then I use my favorite tool...my sponge, and make them pretty!



And Voila! This is what they look like when they come out of my kiln!



Now just 60 something more!

No comments:

Post a Comment